Are you concerned about climate change in Western Adelaide?
The AdaptWest Climate Change Adaptation Plan was developed collaboratively by the cities of Charles Sturt, Port Adelaide-Enfield and West Torrens. The plan identifies the implications of climate change; and provides realistic strategies for residents, businesses, organisations and the agencies that operate within our community, to get ready, to respond and build resilience to the present and future challenges of climate change.
Since 2018 the project has been in the implementation phase – AdaptWest in Action.
AdaptWest in Action.
The AdaptWest plan is guided by the following values that were identified during the early stages of work which informed the creation of the plan:
- Amenity and quality of life
- A strong and connected community
- Coastal and riverine water quality
- Coastal environment
- Infrastructure and essential services
- Management and use of stormwater
- Regional productivity and economic contribution to the State.
The AdaptWest team are keen to understand whether these values still resonate with our diverse community and what characteristics of the region these values are attached to.
What do you value about living and working in the Western Adelaide region, how do you think climate change may impact this?
What might you be doing to prepare for climate change both now and in the future?
We invite you to fill in this survey.
This survey is designed for everyone with an interest in the AdaptWest region.
Whether you are an individual, a family, a community group or a business – we value your input in understanding.
The survey has 5 parts.
- Part 1 - we ask a bit about you, don’t worry, nothing too personal. Mainly so we have some demographics about who is filling in the survey.
- Part 2 - we are interested in your awareness of climate change.
- Part 3 - we are interested in your personal, global and local concerns about climate change.
- Part 4 - we ask how you might be preparing for climate change - what are doing already, would like to do, or perhaps can’t do for various reasons?
- Part 5 – next steps, we ask for any final feedback and provide the opportunity to sign-up to the AdaptWest newsletter – you also can put your name in the draw to win one of 3 x $50 EFTPOS vouchers as our thank you for taking part in the survey.
The survey will be open from 17 March to 7 April 2021 and should take 20 minutes to complete.