Dover Street Reserve is open to the community!
The newly upgrades Dover Street Reserve is now open to the community!
This project included:
- Provision of flood protection for current and future residents.
- Development of an open space to support the health and wellbeing of residents.
- Provision of an updated play space to replace the existing playground located at Rushworth Reserve (which has reached the end of its useful life)
- Closing off a portion of Anson Street to extend the useable open space with Rushworth Reserve.
The first round of community engagement for this project occurred on Saturday 1 September 2018 on site at Dover Street in Blair Athol. There was good participation from the local community and some valuable ideas shared - we appreciate those who gave time and input into the project. This information helped the design team in preparing plans for the Dover Street Reserve.
Dover Street Reserve Official Opening
A community event is being held from 10am to 12noon on Monday 19 December, to officially open the new reserve. This event will feature a range of fantastic free activities including:
- BBQ and cold drinks 🍔
- Coffee Truck ☕
- Chalking Workshop 🖍️
- Face Painting 🎨
- Henna Tattooing
- Live Music 🎸
- Live Magic Shows 🐇🎩
- Soccer Clinic by Adelaide Victory FC ⚽
We look forward to seeing you down there 😉