Council previously consulted with the local community on a proposed roundabout for the intersection of East Parkway and the Strand, Lightsview, to slow down traffic and improve safety.
During the first stage of engagement there was strong support for a roundabout at this location. Further investigation has shown a roundabout is not feasible at this location for reasons including
- prohibitive cost due to
- larger roundabout size (compared to original proposal) be required to accommodate bus movements, significantly increasing overall cost
- significant additional pavement modification to support changes
- encroachment into the adjacent reserve
- loss of trees
How to have your say
- Review the information, images and artist impressions provided on this page
- Complete the survey form below
All submissions require a Have Your Say PAE account, name and address and are treated as public documents.
Registering is quick and easy, follow the sign up or login buttons to get started sharing your thoughts and ideas.