Consultation outcome 16/12/21
Council originally consulted on a roundabout for the intersection (which was well supported) but as reported previously, such a proposal was not deemed feasible due to design vehicle requirements, cost and existing conditions making construction difficult.
Accordingly, Council consulted with key stakeholders on a ‘raised platform’ and associated protected right turn lane at the eastern side of the intersection.
55% of respondents supported the proposal and Council endorsed for the raised platform to be funded and built at the August 2021 Council meeting.
The raised platform has now been constructed. Thank you for the communities feedback and support.
Council previously consulted with the local community on a proposed roundabout for the intersection of East Parkway and the Strand, Lightsview, to slow down traffic and improve safety.
During the first stage of engagement there was strong support for a roundabout at this location. Further investigation has shown a roundabout is not feasible at this location for reasons including
- prohibitive cost due to
- larger roundabout size (compared to original proposal) be required to accommodate bus movements, significantly increasing overall cost
- significant additional pavement modification to support changes
- encroachment into the adjacent reserve
- loss of trees
How to have your say
- Review the information, images and artist impressions provided on this page
- Complete the survey form below
All submissions require a Have Your Say PAE account, name and address and are treated as public documents.
Registering is quick and easy, follow the sign up or login buttons to get started sharing your thoughts and ideas.